Online gift specialist TicaToca invites users to ‘get the Christmas gifts they really want’
4TH October, 2012, TicaToca (http://www.ticatoca.com), a website dedicated to sourcing unique gifts from around the world, has today answered the prayers of millions of Christmas gift buyers and receivers by solving that age old conundrum, what do you get the person who has everything?
The company’s new ‘Gift List’ service that launches today, allows users to build a wish list from a catalogue of over 1,100 hand selected gifts, many of which cannot be found on the High Street or anywhere else on the Internet.
Not only can TicaToca’s users select their favourite gifts but crucially they can also email their completed list to their friends and family. A built in calendar allows them to schedule alerts to remind gift buyers of their selection around important gift buying periods. What’s more, users are not confined to TicaToca, they can also add gift ideas from anywhere on the Web.
“It’s tough coming up with new ideas for gifts these days. You wrack your brains trying to come up with something clever and end up settling for something either hum drum or unnecessarily expensive,” said Ronnie Wright, co-Founder, TicaToca.
“I know how frustrating it can be to find great gifts that offer something a little bit different. It’s what inspired my business partner and me to launch TicaToca and the Gift List service.”
The idea for TicaToca came to web designer Ronnie Wright and coder Andrew Whitfield when a friend asked, where they could find a unique gift that couldn’t be found in your usual high street store. Following an in-depth search, the two realised that these gifts existed, but were hidden in the Internet’s nooks and crannies.
Launched in 2009, the site now offers a wide range of gift ideas including hidden treasures like the Lingering Turtle teapot, (http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1162), to ideas for the home, Jammin Johns (http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=51) and of course the latest tech, Robotic Wheels for iPad, (http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1139).
“Our new service is a bit like Pinterest for presents,” said Ronnie. The Internet is teeming with quality products that have some great stories behind them. Much of what we display is hand-made. Somebody somewhere has sweated to make it a reality and we’re ensuring that all their hard-work is recognised by providing a popular platform to showcase their efforts.”
TicaToca is a pure service provider, it does not sell any of the products on offer, nor does it make any money from the gifts that people buy. The focus for the TicaToca team is to ensure there’s always something new to discover and their members can quickly and easily find and share great gift ideas. A new gift is added each day and members alerted via email.
To build your gift list, visit www.ticatoca.com and create your own My Gifts page.
More Gift Ideas from TicaToca:
1. For the Kids - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1097
Crazy Aaron's thinking putty. Magnetic putty that has a mind of its own - super freaky!
2. For the musician - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1096
The iconic Marshall speaker fridge
3. For the wine lover - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1077
Corkcicle. It's an icicle that slots into your bottle of wine to keep it at the right temperature - looks very cool and doesn't dilute your wine.
4. For the Home Geek - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1093
Insteon's App controlled lightbulb
5. For the office enthusiast - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1043
IdeaPaint. Turn any wall into a dry erase whiteboard
6. For the savvy music festivaler - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1036
FieldCandy's melon, sandwich & book tents
7. For the snowboarder & skier - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=937
Beardski beard masks
8. For the new parents - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=898
Evoz's Wireless iPhone connected baby monitor
9. For the fashion geek - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=877
Eyez HD recording sunglasses
10. For the weight conscious - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=865
The Eat Fit dumbell cutlery, eat & lose weight
11. For the roaming film & game buff - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=855
iPhone pico projector
12. For the thrill seeker - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=832
Jetlev water jet pack
13. For the player - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=694
The booty pillow
14. For the dog lover
bacon bubbles http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=647
15. For the over enthusiatic sports star http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=508
funky cast covers for broken bones
16. For the practical joker - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=86
The Yakuzi USB thumb drive
17. For the truly magical - http://www.perpetualkid.com/monarch-butterfly-in-a-jar.aspx
The butterfly in a jar
18. For the cheeky romantic - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1112
Sung Wook Park & Marcee Ruby's little black corset jewellery storage number
19. For the footballer - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=344
Leather football shaped armchair
20. For the cooking enthusiast - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=1132
The Nomiku immersion circulator for sous vide cooking
21. For the urban guerilla gardener - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=309
Throw & grow grenades
22. For the booking loving techy Mum - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=193
The BookBook iPad case that looks amazingly like a book
23. For the family - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=138
Photopoly - Monopoly with your photos
24. For the girls - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=130
The Treepee swing & bounce tent
25. For the armed up PA - http://www.ticatoca.com/view.php?product=724
The bulletproof body armour clipboard
TicaToca is the place online to find and share the unique gifts you really want. A new gift is showcased everyday on Todays Gift, which can be followed by RSS, Twitter & Facebook. People can check out the Top 20 gifts as voted by our visitors or explore our database of gifts in Find Gifts. On top of that we've added sharing & commenting so that users can tell their side of the story on the gifts featured.
For more information, please contact:
9mm Public Relations
m: 07967 604 652
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of Alexander Moscow (9mm PR) in the following categories: Travel, Retail & Fashion, Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest, Consumer Technology, Motoring, Food & Drink, Personal Finance. For more information visit http://www.dwpub.com/sourcewire