CHRISTOPHER DILLON, AWARD WINNING WRITER VISITS THE UK TO TALK ABOUT HOW PEOPLE CAN HAVE A HASSLE FREE JOURNEY TO INVESTING IN ASIAN REAL ESTATE
London (13 September 2012) - Investor and author Christopher Dillon will visit London from 26th to 30th September. Mr Dillon is the author of the Landed series of books (www.landedbook.com), which help people buy homes in Hong Kong and Japan. His new book, Landed China, will be available at the end of 2012.
• There are millions of empty flats in China. But China will not reprise the US sub-prime crisis, or the current situations in Ireland and Spain.
• Amongst Asia's trophy properties — like the Frank Gehry–designed flat in Hong Kong that sold for last month for US$61 million — there are bargains. For example, US$50,000 will buy you a flat in Tokyo generating 10% net yield.
• London's foreign-born population is 27%. In New York, it's 36%. In Beijing, it's just over 1%. Since 2000, China's foreign population has increased an average of 10% per year, and that trend will continue as China's economic importance grows.
• Cross-border property is big business in Asia, where expats and locals buy beach-side holiday homes in Phuket and ski chalets in Niseko. But not all markets are accessible, safe or profitable.
• Buying in property in Asia ranges from easy to excruciating. But it can be done, and resources are available to make it easier.
Christopher Dillon is an award-winning writer and entrepreneur based in Hong Kong. In 2002, he bought and renovated a floor in an office building in Hong Kong’s central business district. In the years that followed, Mr Dillon purchased and refurbished a luxury apartment on Hong Kong Island and transformed a derelict steam laundry into a multimedia studio. That experience inspired his first book, Landed: The expatriate’s guide to buying and renovating property in Hong Kong. In 2010, he published Landed: The guide to buying property in Japan. A native of Canada, Mr Dillon has lived in Asia for 23 years.
If you would like to meet with Christopher Dillon during his trip to the UK to get the inside scoop on purchasing property and the truth about the property market in Asia, please contact:
Owner and Managing Director
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of Athena PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Construction & Property, Personal Finance. For more information visit http://www.dwpub.com/sourcewire