Presentations from risk thought leaders ‘follow the sun’, starting in Australia and covering Africa, Europe and the USA bringing the global risk community together to share best practices and real-world experiences
World Risk Day, the first-ever awareness day focused on the benefits of taking smarter business risks, kicked off its Virtual Summit today with sessions featuring over 20 expert speakers, 12 live presentations, and a range of on-demand content – all focused on sharing global best practices around enterprise risk management (ERM). World Risk Day presentations began at 5:00PM in Sydney, Australia (3:00AM EDT) and are scheduled to end at 10:00PM in the UK / 5:00PM EDT / 2:00 PM PDT, enabling risk practitioners and participants from all around the world to be involved. To date, the Virtual Summit has over 1,200 webinar registrations.
World Risk Day Virtual Summit topics include, among others:
• Governance and Management Lessons from the Financial Crisis
• How Taking Smarter Risks Will Drive Value and Growth
• The Importance of Organizational Risk Culture
• Effectively Integrating Practical Risk Assessments into an Organization’s Strategic Decision Making Process
• The Connection between Enterprise Risk, Business Continuity and Insurance
• Managing the Risk of Government
Speakers include representatives from The Coca Cola Corporation, Crossrail (Europe’s largest infrastructure project), PricewaterhouseCoopers, Active Risk and risk trade bodies from around the world. Content from the World Risk Day Virtual Summit will be archived and made available on-demand and free of charge to all registrants after June 26th.
World Risk Day was created to provide a global forum for business leaders to discuss risk management best practices. Founding supporters include leading enterprise risk management software provider Active Risk, the Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM), the Institute for Risk Management (IRM) and the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS). For a full list of supporters, please visit http://worldriskday.com/supporters/.
“It is critical that business leaders stop viewing risk as negative and risk management as strictly about compliance. When managed proactively and thoughtfully, enterprise risk management can provide a competitive advantage to an organization, helping leaders to drive innovation and growth,” said Loren Padelford, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Active Risk, who put together the Virtual Summit speaker program. “We plan to make World Risk day an annual event, helping to ensure that the dialog around strategic risk management continues.”
In addition to the Virtual Summit, other World Risk Day highlights include:
• World Risk Day Resource Center → This online resource center features a consolidation of the most relevant and informative risk information from around the world.
• World Risk Day blog → The World Risk Day blog, updated regularly, covers the hottest topics related to enterprise risk management and features expert commentary from guest bloggers.
• World Risk Day benchmark survey → How well are organizations managing risk? Participants who complete the World Risk Day benchmark survey at WorldRiskDay.com will gain access to the results for a better understanding of how their risk maturity compares to others around the globe.
“As a world leader for enterprise risk management, the Institute of Risk Management applauds the World Risk Day initiative,” said Steve Fowler, Chief Executive of IRM, a sponsor of World Risk Day. “By drawing attention to the value add of well-structured risk management, World Risk Day benefits both business and the risk profession.”
To learn more about World Risk Day, please visit www.worldriskday.com or email email@example.com.
About World Risk Day
World Risk Day on June 26th is the first-ever awareness day focused on how taking smarter risks drives corporate strategy, improves business confidence, and grows profits. World Risk Day brings together risk management thought leaders, providing a global forum for the discussion of the latest risk management best practices, research and reports. World Risk Day is supported by leading industry organizations worldwide, including Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), the Institute of Risk Management (IRM), the Major Projects Association, the Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM), and Active Risk. To learn more, please visit www.worldriskday.com
Mary Phillips/Andreina West, PR Artistry Limited
+44 (0)1491 639500
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of PR Artistry in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms. For more information visit http://www.sourcewire.com/about