A new website, PowerSellerIndex.com, has been launched, which for the first time reveals for free the top sellers in nine of eBay’s most popular categories.
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories takes the top spot with 14,226 transactions in one week, closely followed by DVD, Film & TV with a show-stopping 8,294 transactions– that’s over one thousand items sold every day!
The third most popular category is Music with an impressive 6,395 transactions, closely followed by Health & Beauty with 6,290 transactions and in fifth place, Toys & Hobbies with 5,654 transactions.
Top individual sellers have also been revealed with the highest seller completing a competitive 376 transactions in the Sporting Goods category in just seven days. This was followed by a top individual seller in the Books category who sold and dispatched a page turning 267 products in one week – more than 38 a day!
The free website ranks the top eBay sellers in the past seven days, as:
1. anytackle-fishi…(Sporting Goods) - 376 transactions
2. goldstonebooksuk (Books) - 267 transactions
3. zavvi outlet (DVD, Film & TV) - 252 transactions
4. kledhead (Music) - 203 transactions
5. superdrystore (Clothing, Shoes & Accessories) - 183 transactions
6. vit-shop (Health & Beauty) - 120 transactions
7. dfbtrade (Electronics) - 114 transactions
8. weddingdayspart… (Home & Garden) - 67 transactions
9. gball2510 (Toys & Hobbies) - 61 transactions
Having used myhermes.co.uk, which sponsors www.powersellerindex.com, to send their completed transactions, the sellers could have made significant savings. The top seller in books, who completed 372 transactions, could have saved an outstanding £2,883 in delivery costs.
To view the rankings of the top transactions on eBay visit the PowerSeller Index.
For more information contact Philippa Naylor or Nicole Przewozniak at Grayling on 0113 201 8260 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
• Prices correct as of 01 February 2011
• For more information visit www.powersellerindex.com
• The PowerSellerIndex is a simple index of the volume of completed listings made by sellers on eBay.co.uk. We capture available information for nine specific categories, which are further broken down into subcategories.
• Calculations are made on completed transactions only and repeated sales are not included.
• A completed listings refers to a complete listing, an eBay listing that has finished with at least one sale, however, multiple sales of the same item are tracked as a single listing. For example, 10 Take That CDs sold through one 'Buy it Now' listing will be counted as one listing.
• Potential saving that could be made by sellers if they were to use www.myhermes.co.uk are compared to the prices of Parcelforce.
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of Grayling in the following categories: Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, Transport & Logistics, Leisure & Hobbies. For more information visit http://www.sourcewire.com/about