Contact Mandy Hassall at Six Degrees Ltd for review copies, images or further information on WebPlus X4.
T: +44 (0)1628 480280/+44 (0)7855 359889
BUSINESSES CAN NOW CREATE PROFESSIONAL WEBSITES FAST WITHOUT ANY DESIGN EXPERIENCE – WITH THE LAUNCH OF SERIF’S WEBPLUS X4
WebPlus X4 makes web design even more accessible to SMEs
Serif (Europe) Ltd, the UK’s leading independent design, publishing and creative software developer, has today released WebPlus X4, a significant upgrade to their award-winning web design software. The software is packed with everything a small or start-up business needs to design outstanding, professional-quality websites – no complicated code, programming, or design experience required.
WebPlus X4 is an all-in-one web designer, making it easy and affordable to build stunning interactive and e-commerce-enabled websites using the powerful built-in tools to customise a professionally-designed template or starting from a blank page. Business owners can create graphics, edit photos, write text, add social media capabilities, set up an online shop, and more, then publish directly to the web.
Building on its core strengths, WebPlus X4 boasts many new and improved features, including impressive design tools, such as customisable Flash® animated navigation bars, for even more impressive and dynamic company websites. An integrated PhotoLab allows for photo editing within the program itself, whilst Flash animated photo galleries are perfect for showcasing the results. Improvements to efficiency and usability include the brand new Quick Builder Bar, a drag and drop facility containing all the tools needed to design a website in minutes, and the Learning Zone, which provides direct access to tutorials and support.
WebPlus X4 also offers a new Content Management System, for site editing from any PC with an internet connection, an interactive Resource Booker for taking online bookings, as well as improved e-commerce functionality, ideal for online retailers, hotels, B&Bs, therapists, and so on. Interactive features include blogs, forums, YouTube™ videos, podcasts and RSS feeds from Twitter™, Flickr®, news sites and more. Small businesses and start-ups will also benefit from being able to integrate Google features into their website, including Google Maps, Google AdSense and Google Analytics.
“WebPlus X4 is the easiest, most flexible and cost effective way for small businesses, SOHO users and lifestyle businesses to create a professional website,” comments Gary Bates, Serif’s Managing Director. “Thanks to valued feedback from our existing small business customers, this substantial upgrade offers more power, productivity, compatibility and an impressive feature set that makes high-quality web design even more accessible – and without having to pay for a professonal web designer!”
Key new features and benefits include:
· QuickBuilder Bar – makes creating websites faster and easier by providing a platform to drag and drop commonly used web design elements like text, images, photo galleries, Flash and more onto a page.
· Online Bookings – online bookings of rooms, tables, sporting facilities, services, or anything of this nature, can now be taken using the new interactive Resource Booker.
· Flash Navbars – customisable Flash animated navigation bars add style to a design and make site navigation easier.
· Quick Publish – makes instant updates or edits to individual web pages possible, with the click of just one button.
· Colour Scheme Designer – the colour wheel helps to create complementary colour schemes for a website design
· Integrated Photo Editing - with the new PhotoLab, photos can be edited for a website without leaving WebPlus X4. Backgrounds can be removed using the Image Cutout Studio or images enhanced with the addition of one or more of over 70 effects and adjustments.
· Google Gadgets – top Google features, such as Google AdSense™, Google Maps™ and Google Analytics™ can be added to a site easily.
· Pro Photo Galleries – there are 36 highly customisable animated photo galleries which includes 12 new Flash animated galleries. These can now handle 1000s of images, multiple albums, and link to RSS image feeds (from places like Flickr®) for automatic updates.
· New Learning Zone – provides direct access to video tutorials, PDF tutorials, the active community forums and online knowledge base for support.
· Content Management System – the contents of a site can be edited from any computer with an internet connection (unique logins can be set up for multiple site editors). This is great for quick updates and news.
WebPlus X4 is compatible with Windows 7 and will retail at £79.99. Existing Serif Software users should contact 0800 376 7070 for further information on upgrade pricing. WebPlus X4 is available today directly from Serif and will be coming soon to major retailers such as Amazon and PC World.
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus®, PhotoPlus™, DrawPlus™, WebPlus, AlbumPlus™, MoviePlus™, PanoramaPlus™ and Digital Scrapbook Artist® and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now with over 6 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 200 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in New Hampshire, US.
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of Six Degrees Limited in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, Consumer Technology, Personal Finance. For more information visit http://www.sourcewire.com/about.