London, 20th July 2006, - Webraska, a leading provider of mobile GPS navigation solutions and high-end geospatial software platforms for wireless carriers and service providers worldwide, announced that it has joined the Research In Motion (RIM) BlackBerry® Independent Software Vendor Alliance Programme. Under the terms of the agreement, Webraska developed Webraska Navigation 6 for BlackBerry, which is currently available as part of Vodafone Italy’s Prodigio packaged offer for business users.
Webraska selected BlackBerry because of its wide recognition among business users as the leading wireless solution providing wireless access to email, enterprise data, Internet and intranet information, phone, SMS and organizer applications.
Webraska Navigation 6, the GPS navigation solution for mobile devices includes speed camera alerts and traffic optimised routing and is built on a modular and flexible application framework allowing cost-effective feature set extension and support for new devices. Webraska Navigation is backed up by Webraska's SmartZone Geospatial Platform, one of the most powerful and reliable geospatial platforms in the world.
Vodafone’s Prodigio is a packaged offer dedicated to Professionals that includes both hardware and services. Services include Pocket Office, Vodafone Italy’s real time email and contact management service, as well as Vodafone Navigator, Vodafone Italy’s GPS navigation service powered by Webraska Navigation. Since June and until September 9, customers benefit from 12 months access to Vodafone Navigator free of charge.
Current Prodigio packs include a BlackBerry 8700v, a BlackBerry 7130v, a Nokia E60 or a Nokia N70 device. These are available starting from 30 € per month. Prodigio packs will be declined in due course on additional smartphones. Later this year, backed up by the Webraska Professional Services team, Vodafone Italy intends to launch Vodafone Navigator on additional handsets.
Nigel Brooks, Sales Director of Webraska UK is delighted with these developments. “Webraska’s technology can make mobile navigation an affordable monthly subscription service rather than an expensive one-off purchase. Developing global partnerships with operators will help optimise both partners’ market efficiency as well as enhance the end-user’s experience”, he commented.
With Webraska Navigation 6, BlackBerry users will benefit from:
· Maps of all streets and roads within almost 30 European countries;
· Traffic optimised routing and the Smart Traffic Update function providing real time traffic alert display informing the user about upcoming congestions, road works, accidents or closed road segments;
· Speed camera alerts including speed camera location on maps and sound alert ahead them;
· Advanced local search among a comprehensive directory of nearby points of interest including service stations, car parks, hospitals, restaurants, hotels and many others all over Europe;
· Quarterly map data and monthly speed camera location updates for the duration of the mobile phone.
-- ends --
About Vodafone Navigator
Vodafone Navigator is powered by Webraska Navigation 6, a powerful GPS navigation application running on mobile phones and PDA phones. Vodafone Navigator provides traffic optimised, turn-by-turn, door-to-door guidance with voice instructions and detailed vector maps of across Europe based on NAVTEQ map data. Main features include:
* NAVTEQ’s continent-wide detailed digital map data, updated every 3 months, allowing cross-border, door-to-door routing
* User-friendly interface including intuitive menus, maps with full zoom and pan capability, route overview maps, detailed pictograms of turns, directions summary, name and number of highway exits display
* Smart address entry allowing partial entries, abbreviations, and spelling mistakes
* GPS-triggered, clear voice instructions ahead of turns for safe driving
* Traffic optimised routing and real time traffic alert display: traffic information is dynamically integrated so that traffic alerts can be displayed informing the user about the reason for the delay and the distance. A better route is automatically proposed to avoid the congested route segment .
* Advanced local search among Vodafone’s proprietary Italian business listings counting millions records taking into account detailed search criteria. For instance, restaurants may be searched for by cuisine speciality or opening hours and may be visually located on the map.
* Address bookmarking for instantaneous re-use of favorite locations
* Automatic re-route in case of wrong turn
* Automatic integration of all your contacts addresses
* Pedestrian mode
Webraska is a leading provider of mobile GPS navigation solutions and high-end geospatial software platforms for wireless carriers and major service providers worldwide.
Webraska’s customers include Orange, Vodafone, Sensis/Telstra, Toyota, Nextel, Intelematics, Raywood, Punch Telematix and Groeneveld.
For more information please visit www.webraska.com
Grant Butler Coomber
020 8322 1922
This press release was distributed by SourceWire News Distribution on behalf of Onechocolate Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, Consumer Technology. For more information visit http://www.sourcewire.com/about.